Another set of results back, this time from NSAPK Circuit in Serbia. There were only four categories in this salon, including Nature and "Woman Man Child" (such an amorphous group) in addition to Open Color and Monochrome, but six different judgings.
It's so interesting to see how different judges respond to the same sets of photos. On one hand, no one likes my nature photos (still); but on the other hand, the Kotor judges accepted none of my photos (at all) while those in Kolasin accepted all four of my entries in the Open Monochrome and Woman Man Child categories (and one of my four entries in Open Color). Plus Kolasin awarded me not just one but two gold medals! It really is remarkable.
So here are the full results, 22 photos accepted, 19 of them figurative:
- "Den lille havfrue" (Open Monochrome PIDM), Queen Dandelion, Rialto Beach, July 2018: PSA Gold Medal at Kolasin, accepted at Aleksinac, Kula, and Podgorica
- "No neighbors" (Woman Man Child PIDC), Katlyn Lacoste, Ohanapecosh, March 2022: Salon Gold Medal at Kolasin, accepted at Aleksinac, Kula and Podgorica
- "Calico" (Woman Man Child PIDC), Marzipanned, Seattle, January 2019: Accepted at Aleksinac, Kolasin, Navi Sad, and Podgorica
- "Center of the Universe" (Open Color PIDC), Lior Allay, Seattle, March 2019: Accepted at Kolasin, Kula, and Novi Sad
- "Water Spirit" (Open Monochrome PIDM), DianaJean, Upper Crystal Lake, July 2015: Accepted at Kolasin
- "A shoulder to lean on" (Woman Man Child PIDC), Thatonekatt and DianaJean, Amanda Park, Washington, July 2016: Accepted at Kolasin
- "Together for wilderness" (Open Monochrome PIDM), Katlyn Lacoste and Enigma, Mount Rainier National Park, July 2020: Accepted at Kolasin
- "The track not taken" (Woman Man Child PIDC), Skye, Boxcar Canyon, January 2023: Accepted at Kolasin